Summer Book Study Blog

Summer Book Study Blog

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Day 12 SOL - Zeus and Apollo OR Peter Pan and Pinocchio?

My husband and I are sitting by the fire watching "The Voice" that he hates but I love. He's busy on his laptop so I've got a few minutes before I head to the bedroom to watch. A commercial just came on where a scrawny man built a deck and told his wife that "Zeus and Apollo" helped as he pointed to his "guns" or arm muscles. I asked my husband what he calls his "guns" and he said, "More like Peter Pan and Pinocchio." He cracks me up. We are empty nesters...finally. I know some of you are lamenting that your babies are soon to leave the nest, off to college and you can't imagine. Well, we couldn't imagine ever being empty nesters as our youngest had "Failure to Launch" issues. He said at age 4 that he was never going to college and would live with us forever. It was SO cute at the time, but at age 30 we failed to see anything cute. Having a funny man or funny friends are very good tools along this life journey. Life is hard and less than funny most days, but a good laugh keeps it all in perspective.

Hope you have someone special to laugh with.
D :)

4 comments:

  1. Glad you and your husband enjoy each other's company so much- a sense of humor is key! Thanks for sharing your small moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you and your husband enjoy each other's company so much- a sense of humor is key! Thanks for sharing your small moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet it must feel really nice to be alone and have that time just the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still hoping to find Mr. Right. Thanks for sharing what a life with Mr. Right could be like! If you know of any single male teachers who want to see more of the world, point them toward CIC Valencia in Venezuela. We need more single guys at our school!

    ReplyDelete