If teachers ran the world...
2. There would always be a mid-morning snack, because we know everyone is happy and productive after a snack.
3. Everyone would be required to go to bed early, as we know that not everyone gets enough sleep at night and it shows in their focus and productivity the next day.
4. Gloves and a hat would always be available along with a warm coat for outside recess on cold days, as we know that fresh air is good for students' health if they have on warm clothes for play.
5. No one would ever want to be a bully, because everyone would feel valued, protected, and respected.
6. Families would sit down at the table for dinner each night with no TV and no other electronic devices around, as we know that families that talk to each other about their day are happier and more successful in life.
7. Every child would have access to quality literature and be read to even before he/she is born, because we know that reading changes lives.
8. Parents would not allow children to hear or be involved in messes they make in their adult life. Children would be protected from the harsh realities of life, because we know that children need to be children and innocence should be protected.
9. Students would leave our classrooms with the tools to be successful in life. Academic standards and test-taking skills are very important, but children also would leave us with a joy for learning. We know that lifelong learning is a treasure never to be left behind.
10. Students would know how to think critically, research expertly for the truth, and feel compassion for others, as we know that the media distorts the truth and causes apathy in our world.
What would you like to add to this list, "If teachers ran the world.."?
Two more to make a dozen...
11. There would always be plenty of sharpened pencils WITH erasers.
12. Every marker would have a cap.
"Nobody leaves the room until the cap to this marker is found." ;)