Summer Book Study Blog

Summer Book Study Blog

Friday, March 13, 2015

Day 13 SOL - If teachers ran the world...

If teachers ran the world...

1.

 2. There would always be a mid-morning snack, because we know everyone is happy and productive after a snack.

3. Everyone would be required to go to bed early, as we know that not everyone gets enough sleep at night and it shows in their focus and productivity the next day.

4. Gloves and a hat would always be available along with a warm coat for outside recess on cold days, as we know that fresh air is good for students' health if they have on warm clothes for play.

5. No one would ever want to be a bully, because everyone would feel valued, protected, and respected.

6. Families would sit down at the table for dinner each night with no TV and no other electronic devices around, as we know that families that talk to each other about their day are happier and more successful in life.

7. Every child would have access to quality literature and be read to even before he/she is born, because we know that reading changes lives.

8. Parents would not allow children to hear or be involved in messes they make in their adult life. Children would be protected from the harsh realities of life, because we know that children need to be children and innocence should be protected.

9. Students would leave our classrooms with the tools to be successful in life. Academic standards and test-taking skills are very important, but children also would leave us with a joy for learning. We know that lifelong learning is a treasure never to be left behind.

10. Students would know how to think critically, research expertly for the truth, and feel compassion for others, as we know that the media distorts the truth and causes apathy in our world.

What would you like to add to this list, "If teachers ran the world.."?

Two more to make a dozen... 

11. There would always be plenty of sharpened pencils WITH erasers.

12. Every marker would have a cap.
 "Nobody leaves the room until the cap to this marker is found." ;)

Happy Friday!
D :)


13 comments:

  1. Electronic devices would always be in working order, and we would never ran out of paper!
    "children also would leave us with a joy for learning" If children leave us with this mindset, they will be life ling learners! Great ideas to ponder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Technology is only good when it works and has some speed. Thanks for the post. D :)

      Delete
  2. What great ideas to think about! I think for me I would add...
    1. No one would blame teachers for their child's problems.
    2. No one would complain about teacher's hours and days off. We work very hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are great ones, Erin! Also, we never really leave it at school, do we? It somehow comes home in book bags and never too far from our thoughts. Thanks for the comment. D :)

      Delete
  3. If teachers ran the world...
    there would be more respect for our profession.
    and, glue sticks would all have caps, just like the markers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they would! I'm surprised a Kdg. teacher hasn't posted something about puzzles would always be complete. That used to make me crazy in my Kdg. days. Thanks for posting. D :)

      Delete
  4. 6 is for sure one of my favorites. 11 and 12 just made me smile, why is that bothering me so much this year!?!? I would say, if teachers ran the world any government entity wouldn't need to make decisions for us, because teachers see the Big Picture, not just what is on the spreadsheet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a hot topic! Wondering if you are from IN. We've had such media coverage over the LONG ISTEP! Thanks for the comment. Happy Weekend! D :)

      Delete
  5. They must eat the erasers! I have no idea where they go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS IS A GREAT POST! I love you list. Yes, if only teachers were in charge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anita! Glad you enjoyed. I really wouldn't want to have that responsiblity, though, would you? Running my own life is a daily challenge and sometimes I'm not so good at that. ;)

      Delete
  7. I love your list and many would make my own list as well. I always say that it is a good thing for everybody, including myself, that I am not in charge of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your list and many would make my own list as well. I always say that it is a good thing for everybody, including myself, that I am not in charge of the world.

    ReplyDelete