Summer Book Study Blog

Summer Book Study Blog

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Day 14 SOL - Rain on a Metal Roof and a Fire in the Stove = Happy!

It's Friday night and the weekend is here! We have a metal roof and it's raining. The sound of rain on the roof is so peaceful. The wood burning stove, between my husband and I, is emitting a delightful, relaxing warmth. On my footstool curled up across my legs is my mini, black poodle, Bearsy. Next to my chair is my new/old floor lamp, thanks to a Goodwill find by my husband, and "a little bit of wine" (remember Justin Wilson, the Cajun Cook?). Life is good.

I had planned to write something inspirational for today, but right now I'm just going to focus on simple pleasures and be grateful. 

“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.”
― Bil Keane


Happy Saturday to all!
D :)

13 comments:

  1. Sometimes, words fall line those raindrops on the roof. Sometimes, we just need to listen.
    Thanks
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kevin! Wish I had thought of that simile of "words fall like raindrops." You think like a writer. :)

      Delete
  2. The sound of rain, a warm fire, a new lamp, company, and a glass of wine sound perfect. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Darlene! It was perfect. I should have added "and writing."
      D :)

      Delete
  3. The sound of rain, a warm fire, a new lamp, company, and a glass of wine sound perfect. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Darlene. It certainly was perfect on that night. The wood we had been using for kindling from our brush pile was so wet and wet wood is hard to start a fire. My husband brought home some "super kindling" from Minard's. We were back in business! D :)

      Delete
  4. You captured one of my favorite sounds. I love the plinking sound of rain on a metal roof and you "painted" a cozy scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Plinking" is the perfect onomatopoeia for rain on a metal roof. I'll have that file that one away in my writer's notebook. Thanks! D :)

      Delete
  5. You captured one of my favorite sounds. I love the plinking sound of rain on a metal roof and you "painted" a cozy scene.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw a quote similar to that recently, "Tomorrow is never promised, today is a gift."
    Thanks for the reminder to enjoy the moment now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment and the quote. I love quotes. Being grateful and enjoying the now is something all need to be reminded of. Many seem to live with regrets from the past and plans for the future. Today is just something to make their way through. D :)

      Delete
  7. Sometimes just noticing what is happening right now is the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Erin! Agreed. I like to think I do that. At least I'm working on it. As one grows older, it does seem to be easier to do. D :)

      Delete