Summer Book Study Blog

Summer Book Study Blog

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Day 15 SOL - Hallelujah for Spring Break! BUT...What to Read?

Spring Break is on the very near horizon. Can't say I'm counting down the days as everything is so busy and every minute counts at school right now in preparation for the coming ISTEP-Part 2, but let's just say mine is exactly nine days away.

Anticipation is my favorite part of a vacation. The happy thoughts of getting away to a new destination or to a repeated "good times" location are lurking on the back burner of my brain this time of the year. (My destination is Portland, OR to visit family after a recent move so it's a new destination.) These thoughts fuel me on through difficult or menial tasks that can swallow me whole this time of year. Spring is promising to arrive soon with glimpses of warm, sunny days followed by cold rainy days. No flowers just yet, but daffodils and tulips are peeping through the snow residue and barren, brown grass with bright green growth. Spring is coming soon. Hallelujah for Spring Break!

But this morning, I am pondering a very important spring break decision. What to read? What bookS shall I take with me? I've perused Pinterest and all the book lists on the web. I've done my research. I'm just not excited about any I have put on reserve at the library so I'm taking it to the Slice Community. Help me find the perfect spring break read! Looking for a "can't put the book down" kind of read. 


Happy Reading!
D )




7 comments:

  1. Have you read The Duff? That was a fun, quick read. And of course better than the movie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't. Our library has a copy, too. Another book on reserve. Thanks, Jennie!
    D :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to recommend because I don't know what you like. :) But in the past year I have read A Snicker of Magic by Natalie Lloyd, How to Outrun a Crocodile When Your Shoes are Untied by Jess Keating, and the Raven Boys books by Maggie Steifvater. (There are 3, with a 4th coming this summer. I am waiting for #3 to arrive!) Also, Kristin Hannah...I have just discovered her books and love Night Road and Firefly Lane.

    If you want MG fiction, or YA fiction, check in with nerdybookclub.wordpress.com for lots of recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just reserved Firefly Lane and Firefly Island (sequel). Sound like wonderful reads. Thanks again! D :)

      Delete
  4. I should have said "read, and loved" . I have read many more than that, but these are some standout favourites. Also, One for the Murphys. :)

    I could be here all day. I'll stop now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! Didn't know any of those. I will check them out. I'm always open to some new authors. You don't know what you don't know.
      D :)

      Delete
  5. I too like to try to read books over spring break. It's the only time I see to be able to get some reading done!

    ReplyDelete