Summer Book Study Blog

Summer Book Study Blog

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Day 17 SOL - Life Verse

My writing has been challenged. Last night I tried to write my SOL for today but nothing. I've thought about it today and still nothing until I received an email from someone dear that is struggling with life and a personal relationship. In it was a beautiful prayer/poem he had written. I was blessed.

I have been supporting him with prayer, Bible verses, and encouraging words. I believe that God has watered my words as seeds of faith in his life, and the seeds are beginning to sprout as surely as the buds burst forth in spring. God's Word never comes back void. There is always life in His Word.

My life verse is Romans 15:13, "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." 

Everyone needs a life verse filled with hope, joy, peace, and power. 

Happy St. Patrick's Day! (Did you know that the shamrock is a symbol of faith? St. Patrick passed them out to illustrate the Holy Trinity: The Father God, Jesus the son, and the Holy Spirit. Beautiful, right?)

D :)


4 comments:

  1. "I believe that God has watered my words as seeds of faith in his life, and the seeds are beginning to sprout as surely as the buds burst forth in spring." What a beautiful way to put this and such a blessing to be used by God in this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. So easy to be creative and beautiful when writing about God. D :)

      Delete
  2. I just learned that about the shamrock yesterday! I was reading my students a non-fiction book about St. Patrick's Day and they said that in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gives the shamrock a special meaning to share. Interesting how we often get the opportunity to talk about God in school. Coincidence??? ;)

      Delete