- Brand new books that people are reading while standing in line. Vacation reads!
- Toes sporting new pedicures, all shiny, colorful, and unchipped.
- Carry-ons of all sizes, colors, and various stages of new to well-worn and traveled.
- Technology devices in hands young and old.
- A little white, fluffy dog being walked by its aging lady master.
- Folks arriving from an obvious sunny destination as everyone is tan.
- Cloudy skies that will require skilled pilots flying by instruments.
- Cloudy/foggy conditions at our landing in Kansas.
- Tired people traveling after a long day of work or just trying to get home from vacation.
- The ceiling at the Kansas airport looks like those brown cardboard egg cartons. The texture and color is the same.
- Finally, the lights of Portland.
- Loving faces of family.
- Phone conversations to loved ones and business related.
- Laughter with family members as they talk excitedly about their trip.
- Announcers telling guests to check their lines as there are 5 flights boarding and leaving at the same time.
- The chime of a message on my own phone. Yea! Family.
- Baby crying on the plane. Poor little punkin. I bet her ears hurt.
- Pilot announcing choppy weather coming. Was it ever! The stewardess sat on my chair arm a long time while waiting for safe walking conditions while collecting trash.
- Sweet conversation between two high school girls returning from spring break at Grandma's in Florida. Loved talking with them about future plans.
- Basketball games on the TVs at the gates.
- Cartoons on TVs at the gates.
- Another baby crying on the connecting flight.
- The pilot saying we are at 38,000 feet to avoid the storms.
- The landing wheels going down.
- A yummy honeycrisp apple sliced and packed at home. My favorite!
- A soggy turkey sandwich, also made and packed at home. Not my favorite.
- Almonds and walnuts from home. Did you know that a handful of walnuts per day is supposed to lower cholesterol? We'll see.
- Peanut m&m's from my student teacher. She made a card that said, "For your "Marvelous and Memorable (M&M) vacation." My favorite treat and nemesis. ;)
- Red wine in a plastic cup from a free drink voucher from Southwest. Think I"ll stick with water from this time forward. The only real red I got was my face from a hot flash.
- Honey roasted peanuts. Two bags. :)
- Fresh sushi upon arriving in Portland.
- A funky fuel smell at take-off. Scary smell that didn't last long, thank goodness!
- Restroom fragrances trying to cover REAL restroom smells. Not a good combination.
- Popcorn. Should have bought some of that as my seatmates did, and it required great resolve to not drool or give the "Puss in Boots" pleading look from Shrek.
- Starbucks. Yes!
- Leo's (my granddog) breath when he licks me hello.
Happy Spring Break Day 1!