Summer Book Study Blog

Summer Book Study Blog

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Day 3 SOL - Grateful...Just Grateful

I've been thinking about how important it is to practice daily gratefulness. Even when life is challenging with children that make bad choices in life, elderly parents that are fading in mental and physical health, and finances that seem more stretched than they should be with retirement looming ever so close. What choices in the midst of all this? Fear. Sometimes. Anger. Sometimes. Sadness. Sometimes. Gratefulness. Always.

I am grateful for: funny, silly friends (furry and flesh varieties!) My best friend from elementary school is still a best friend. Because she always make me laugh so hard (past and present), I needed to wear Depends even as an elementary student. Now it is more than necessary.  I laughed so hard with her that her Dad had to stop and scold us during the family dinner prayer. I laughed out my candle during a National Honor Society initiation in high school. I laughed so hard at her during a sorority rush meeting that we were both almost asked to leave as she was sitting there smiling with peanut skins covering some major smiling teeth. I laughed so hard with her recently as we were attending an Indianapolis Symphony program and admiring all the women dressed up so fine, she admitted she was wearing long cartoon-printed underwear under her slacks. 

So today I am grateful for laughter...internal jogging so to speak. 

Jog your innards today. It's good exercise. D :)

6 comments:

  1. Why do pirates have such a hard time with the alphabet?
    They always get lost at C!

    I'm grateful for laughter as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Drew! Slice of Life is making me smile and sometimes a LOL pops out. Love your joke. I will share with my students. D :)

      Delete
  2. Haha I love your last line, that's a great thought to think about! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughter is the best medicine, so I've heard. Thanks for the comment. D :)

      Delete
  3. I really had to come and find out what is internal jogging! Now I can admit that I participate in internal jogging quite often. After all, it is supposed to make me live longer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that you are an "innard jogger," too. Thanks for commenting. D :)

    ReplyDelete