Our pastor took a break from his current sermon series and spoke on "Live by Faith." Scripture reference was Matthew 9:27-29. In his introduction, he shared that he has been struggling with his faith in terms of believing that God can accomplish some BIG things in regards to church growth plans that are being made. He assured us that he is not talking about his personal faith and relationship with God, but sometimes he struggles. He's so real with us. He told us that when he struggles, he digs deep into God's Word. He went on to preach an amazing sermon that spoke to all of us. There were several points that I wrote down.
1. The vacancy in your life is a call to start living in faith. Need for "help" causes you to encounter Jesus.
- Take "it" to God and expect Him to do something about "it."
- Remind self that God is sovereign and He IS in control. He is working in your life right now. Live by Faith right now.
- Attitude of expectation when you pray.
- Attitude that God's plan is better.
- You need to have some level of action. Effort. Find a way to demonstrate your faith. Matt. 9:29.
So today I am challenged to continue to grow in grace and live by faith with renewed strength."...according to your faith." Do I limit my faith with doubt? Can I grow in faith and believe "it" to be possible? We all have an "it."
Bless you all in life's challenging journey as we recall past and present life slices.